St John’s is an open, welcoming Eucharistic-based community, committed to moving forward in its mission and outreach to the wider church and secular community, offering a nurturing environment seeking to serve God through the gifts of its people.
Our Church of St. John the Baptist exists
- to worship God as understood in the person, life, death and resurrection of Jesus;
- to care for the people of Perth and its environs;
- and to engage with the wider world in a positive, caring and thoughtful way.
Celebrating the arrival of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost with environmentally friendly balloons
We are an inclusive church and work without making judgments and in complete confidence, with people of all faiths, cultures, races, genders and sexual orientations. And we welcome the opportunity of sharing with you in your journey of faith. We would be delighted to help with Baptisms and Marriages, and we are also available to help support through Funerals and bereavement.
We are a Scottish Episcopal Church in the Diocese of St Andrews, Dunkeld and Dunblane, part of the world-wide Anglican Communion. Seven dioceses cover the whole of Scotland bearing witness to faith today and tracing a history back to the earliest known Christians in Scotland. We are a part of the Diocese of St Andrews, Dunkeld & Dunblane.
There is a Scottish Episcopal Church presence in communities across Scotland. Members of the church engage in roles of active Christian leadership on peace, justice and human rights issues as well as having pastoral and educational roles. The church works closely with other Christian denominations and faith communities in Scotland in responding to the needs and concerns of all people.
Holy Week Services 2018
Holy Week and Easter Services 2018
March 25: Palm Sunday
- 10.30 Eucharist with Procession and reading of the Passion
March 29: Maundy Thursday
- 11am Holy Communion
- 7.30pm Seder Meal with foot-washing and vigil
March 30: Good Friday
- 10.30am PACT Walk of Witness starting at St John’s Kirk
- 12-3pm Approaching the Cross with Bishop Bob Gilles
March 31: Holy Saturday
- 8pm Easter Vigil including the new fire, renewal of Baptism vows and first Eucharist of Easter
April 1: Easter Sunday
- 7am PACT dawn service at Quarrymill with breakfast at Scone Old Hall
- 8.30am Holy Communion
- 9am Easter Breakfast
- 10.30am Easter Celebration
The latest edition of our magazine, Quest, for February and March, is available for download:
Quest February 2018
We were very pleased to host a Provincial Youth Network sleepover in the Threshold overnight.
PYN members and leaders participated in this morning’s service – readings with actions, guiding the congregation in thinking and discussing the Transfiguration as an address and leading the intercessions.
Services for Advent and Christmas 2017-2018
Candles – Advent 2, 2017
- Sundays throughout Advent:
10.30am Sung Eucharist
- December 24, Advent 4 / Christmas Eve:
- 10.30am Carol Service with Communion
- 4pm Pop-up Nativity service for all ages
- 11pm Midnight Service
- December 25, Christmas Day
- 10.30am Christmas Celebration
- Sunday 7 January
- 10.30am Epiphany Celebration
The latest edition of our magazine, Quest, is available for download: Quest October
The church was well decorated with lovely displays of flowers for our Harvest thanksgiving service in September.
The church was packed for the last recital of the summer, classic guitarist Ayman Jarjour. He played a selection of works, both familiar (Granados, Villa-Lobos) and unfamiliar (Venezuelan waltzes, amongst others).
Afterwards local Syrian friends laid on a splendid feast.
Well over £1000 was raised for his charity, Medical Aid and Support for Syria.
The August edition of our magazine, Quest, is available for download: Quest August PDF.
On Friday evening we enjoyed a recital of organ music by Christopher Haynes of Auchterarder. He played pieces by Liszt, Greene, Bach, Mozart and others.
Graham and Robin welcome Christopher to St John’s prior to the recital
There was a good turnout for our first concert of the summer, where Niall Brown performed Bach Cello Suites 1 and 3.